I’m always on the lookout for unusual and interesting children’s books. Hello Ocean delivers on both accounts. Written by Pam Munoz Ryan and illustrated by Mark Astrella, this book invites you along on a day at the ocean. It celebrates everything there is to experience through your 5 senses about the ocean. Other books written by Pam Munoz Ryan include:
Pam Munoz Ryan is a New York Times bestselling author of Echo, a Newbery Honor book. Echo is a story of the journey of a very special harmonica over years and miles. Other books written by Pam Munoz Ryan include Tony Baloney, Mice and Beans, and The Dreamer.
Reading Hello Ocean at the Ocean
There’s nothing like reading about the ocean AT the ocean. I read Hello Ocean in beautiful Grand Turk while on a Caribbean cruise. Interesting Fact: Although Grand Turk is a popular stop on Caribbean cruises the Turks are actually not located in the Carribean sea. They are located in the Atlantic ocean. I hope you enjoy my reading of Hello Ocean. After the video, continue reading to find some more books for all age levels about the ocean and about our five senses.
Other Books about Oceans
- Did you Make the Hole in the Shell in the Sea?
- Somewhere in the Ocean
- Good thing you’re not an Octopus
- W is for Waves: An Ocean Alphabet
- All the Way to the Ocean
- The Pout-Pout Fish
- The Magic School Bus on the Ocean Floor
- The Old Man and the Sea
- Smithsonian Ocean: Our Water, Our World
- World Without Fish
Other Books about Our Senses
- My Five Senses
- I Hear a Pickle: and Smell, See, Touch, & Taste It, Too!
- You Smell and Taste and Feel and See and Hear
- Remembering Smell: A Memoir of Losing–and Discovering–the Primal Sense
- A Natural History of the Senses
Want to be a Writer?
Have you always dreamed of being a Writer but never knew how to start? Or perhaps your student has expressed an interest in being a Writer and needs a little guidance. Whether for you or for your teen, this handy FREE WORKBOOK will take you from a Dreamer to a Doer in 7 Easy Steps.