There are 3 C’s to listening.
Use these to overcome the barriers to listening.
- Create an awareness of the barriers
- Clear the channel of pragmatic problems
- Concentrate despite the barriers
And what are those barriers you should be aware of and overcome?
- Physical Barriers – noisy equipment, visual interference, and personal distractions (fatigue or illness)
- Psychological Barriers – events at work, conditions at home, problems with finances
- Biases – age, race, gender, personal appearance
- Semantic Barriers – words or phrases with more than one meaning, jargon, organizational acronyms
Want to be a Writer?
Have you always dreamed of being a Writer but never knew how to start? Or perhaps your student has expressed an interest in being a Writer and needs a little guidance. Whether for you or for your teen, this handy FREE WORKBOOK will take you from a Dreamer to a Doer in 7 Easy Steps.